Sunday, February 12, 2012

take it easy, it's my first time... blogging.

Welcome world. It's me. Hilary. Blogging. 2012. Welcome to the future.
My goal with this blog is to give you an illustration of the diversity of my life.
You get to see why I love what I do. As a photographer, I get to do something different every single day. I have new challenges, new adventures, I meet awesome people, I capture special events, I look at pretty people in pretty places doing cool things, each different, every time, every day.
So welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy it.
Two weeks ago, my year kicked off with photographing a grand opening event for a local restaurant, Frank & Pauly's. These types of events come mainly through the Mentor Chamber of Commerce. My main place of employment, Van's Photo, covers many of the local events for the chamber such as these ribbon cuttings, and anything else they might need, as a way of supporting local businesses like ourselves. Later in the week, I went back and shot some plated meals. And let me tell you, Frank & Pauly's in Mentor sure knows how to make a dish. I'll be going back as soon as I can. Check out my picture of the lasagna (soon to be published in Scene Magazine along with a story on the restaurant). Or my action shot of the ice cream sloooowly melting down the side of the warm chocolate cake. yummm.

anyway. yeah. i'm a photographer. this is stuff that i get to do. :)
Last week, I had the opportunity of meeting and photographing Nicholas Zerinsky. I worked on a business portrait for him that turned out pretty stunning, if I say so myself. Which in this case, I guess I do. Because I'm blogging. sorry. still getting used to the idea.
We had some more traditional shots that he will probably end up using for his business cards, but we both especially love this one. His confidence really shines though this picture.

Tomorrow it is a family shoot with a great family, Josh, Cassidy & little Josh. Just last week, little Josh just lost both of his two front teeth. So these portraits tomorrow should be pretty adorable.
Talk about capturing a moment in time! Looking forward to it ~
So on that note, welcome to my blog world.
This is photography by hilary.
~
p.s. bonus points to anyone who caught The Boondock Saints reference



3 comments:

  1. That pasta looks amazing i am so hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more blogs! And my wedding you'll be photographing in Washington :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilary, I love the blog so far!!! I started my own at the beginning of this year. I guess that's what we got out of CPII? haha. I hope ALL is well & I look forward to seeing your work & reading your thoughts behind it! xoxo -- Kelly L.

    ReplyDelete