Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cinemagrams just blew my mind

So this past holiday, I am at a large gathering of friends and family. And someone mentions to me these awesome moving pictures. They send me a link, and I am instantly memorized at how cool they are. Beautiful even. It's like part of the picture is alive!
THEN, at the next family dinner, my one-day-brother-in-law-to-be shows me that I can download an app on my phone and MAKE THESE MYSELF! In like two minutes!! My mind is blown
It changes how you can look at composition, story telling, hidden meanings. So often you look at a photo, and you make up a story in your head. Well, BAM. The picture is showing you part of the story! You can reveal a breath, a wink, a nudge, the future, the past... the possablities are endless. and I am tingly all over. how exciting! 
Seriously. When I saw them last week on my screen, I was impressed, mildly amused. But I never thought a simple little iPhone could be capable of such magic. What I know about movies is limited, but I've been interesting in dabbling for a bit now. This is like my transistion. And I'm having so much fun!!!


So here it is world, my little moving pictures. They are alive and well. and some are kind of creepy. And I LOVE THEM. Thank you to Tim and Bill for showing me another creative outlet. You have no idea how much it means to me. ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment