Monday, April 2, 2012

Photo walk Cleveland Lake View Cemetery

My awesome friend, Abe from Blind 7 Photography hosts monthly photo walks in Cleveland. Last weekend, we went to Lake View Cemetery. It's been a long time since I tried to photograph a grave yard. Back to basics BW Photography 101. I Wish I took pictures this good back then. I should dig some up (pun) and post them along side these ones. (you can blame my father for my bad puns.)
It was my first time at Lake View. It was awesome. This is no little piddly cemetery. It's HUGE. I mean, it has a castle in it. We have a former president (in the castle), more Rockwells than you can count, Elliot Ness, even the guy who invented the traffic light!
It was pretty cool. No really, it was like 30 degrees. But the cold, cloudy weather just added to the atmosphere. With the sun nicely tucked away, I could really get in deep with some of the textures of the rock. So it worked to my advantage. I was shooting with my new 50mm 1.4, 30mm 1.4 and 10-24mm.  Obviously having a blast. I was crawling all over that place. Fun stuff. As always, a touch of fun afterwards with Lightroom and Nik Silver Effects adds a little flare~
















Abe brought along a motley crew, and I had Megan with me. I think everyone had a pretty good time. I managed to grab a gorgeous portrait of her with the new 50. She is just too easy to photograph. 




Well, I'm looking forward to more of these throughout the year. I love shooting for fun. It's good for the head to go out and play. I mean, I usually have that in the back of my head regardless of whether or not I'm getting paid. But come on. 
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy 
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy 
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy 
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy 
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy 
(too much? sorry. i love leaving cinematic references. i hope someone appreciates them)

1 comment: